Monday, September 6, 2010

Settlers Review

This is the best RTS game on webOS. It is also the only RTS game. It's RTS combat elements are pretty weak. The best part of this game is building up your infrastructure. This is more simSettlers than it is about fighting. You have almost no control over your troops. You can tell them where to hang around, or set up patrols, but that's about it. No formations, no way to group select (other than everyone). Once contact is made they will generally fight until one side is exterminated. The game can be difficult and some levels take hours. I forget what level I am on but I have given up. I have 600 soldiers and after defeating the mayans I get rushed by nearly 1000 vikings. I will probably remove the game one of these days. I definitely did get my money's worth and enjoyed many hours of fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment