Saturday, September 18, 2010

Paid Deletion

I am going to be deleting some paid apps. I think I may have deleted a couple cheap games, but nothing else that I paid for. 

I have two apps in mind. And they are both good apps. I think I paid $5 & $3 for them. But I don't need or use them any more. Scratch and ClassicNote were both good apps for writing with, and I'be  blogged with both apps. 

But Notes is just so much better, for myself at least. I now use notes exclusively for nearly all my writing. I even compose my emails on it. I also write up my lengthier facebook posts (of which I have many) as well as posts I make to various online articles and essay. Same with forums. I find it too difficult to make longer posts in those little boxes. So I just paste them in after I've written them up in Notes.

I am hard pressed to say just what it is that makes Notes better. A lof it is "feel". Notes feels better. It's just more pleasant to use. And the updates seem to be weekly. The only things I wish it could do is edit my blogspot posts, but I think I need a real computer for that.

I have been doing lots of writing lately, which means this app is getting lots of use. It just may be my most used app right now. It's a close race between Notes, GrooveShark and the default music player for what get's the most use.

It will be interesting to see how my Pre's role in my will change now that I have a laptop. It is currently not connected so it's impact has really begun. I have come to realize that an unconnected computer is next to useless. I need to figure out how sync a laptop that isn't on the cloud with my Pre, then I will be good. I am seriously considering a rocket stick. I hear that the data usage can be pretty expensive if you're not careful. We'll see what happens, but I don't think I really want to have to go for coffee everytime I need to get online.

http://ferenczyram.blogspot.com - my personal blog
http://ferenczypre.blogspot.com/ - webOS & Palm
http://ferenczymu.blogspot.com/ - youtube mashups

-- Sent from my palm Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment