Tuesday, September 14, 2010

FaceBook on my Pre (14 Sep 2010)

FaceBook seems to have taken over my phone. I have no idea how it happened. Only that it did. At least I am having fun and meeting really interesting people. And some of the discussions are quite substantial. 

The experience can be a little hampered by the phone itself (or by webOS). For the most part I do like the FB app, but it does have a few short-comings. I can't like individual comments (just the original post). There are lots of pages that won't load in the app, so it will fire up the browser. It will often not show all my notifications, but it is not as bad for this as the mobile browser. Notifications in the mobile browser is terrible, with way too many not being listed. For example, the only way I can even see the palm discussion that Rahul Sood is a part of is on the full browser. And loading the full browser is difficult. Even when I am able to get it open it will often reload as the mobile. Frustrating for sure.

The app is the most responsive, except when it loads the browser. I have on a few occasions been able to use FB chat, but only from the full version, since it is not supported in the app or on mobile. 

I am really getting to rely upon FaceBook throughout the day. I look forward to seeing it work better under 2.0. In the mean time I try a little harder to get on a real computer every day just to maximize my FB experience. I hope to not always have to. I will probably have a new computer before then...

http://ferenczyram.blogspot.com - my personal blog
http://ferenczypre.blogspot.com/ - webOS & Palm
http://ferenczymu.blogspot.com/ - youtube mashups

-- Sent from my palm Pre


No comments:

Post a Comment