Saturday, August 14, 2010

WebOS Gaming

- What Is Your Favorite WebOS Game? Gameloft's N.O.V.A.
- Why Do You Like This Game? It's a decent shooter, very nice graphics. Never fails to impress. Fairly responsive controls & UI. I love how I can customize them and move their positions on the screen. Redefined (for me) what a phone game can be - HNL (hole 'notha level) when compared to texas hold 'em, which was what I used to think of in a phone game.
- What Is The Worst WebOS Game That You Have Played? Any of the m games (mZonbies, etc.) or any of the celluphun games.
- Why Do You Dislike This Game? Pointless, mindless repetition with no thinking or sttrategy. Just log in a few times a day and click the same shit over and over. Fun? I think not.
- Which Game Would You Like To See Come To The WebOS?
A good turn-based strategy game. Anything by Sid Meir (civilization or colonization) or perhaps Heroes of Might & Magic. Hell, I'd even settle for hasbro's Axis & Allies. Ogre Battles (from the PS1) or the Shining Force games (from the old Sega) would be sweet.
- Why Would You Want This Game? Settlers has shown me how tough it would be to do RTS on such small screens. I've always preferred turn-based anyways, and transformers is decent, but I need a bit more to really get my fix.
- Which Game Is The Most Difficult To Play, While Still Remaining Fun? Gameloft's The Settlers.
- What Makes This Game So Difficult? The armies become to huge for the game to handle. I am on a level where I need to defeat two different nations, and I just cannot make enough troops to defeat them both since when I attack one, the other attacks me. Having no tactical control doesn't help. I am not sure of the exact numbers, but at most you can control no more than 100 at a time. Which is not nearly enough. I have to say that the kingdom building aspects are considerably more enjoyable than the fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment