Friday, August 27, 2010

Playlist Light

For myself, one of the most significant short-comings with the Pre's music player is the inability to create song playlists. This is an even bigger problem for me since I don't have my own computer. With hundreds of songs on my phone, some playlists would be nice. Playlist-Lite is the Trial version of the Playlist app. It is fully featured, except that you can only make 1 playlist at a time. The full version is only 99 cents.

It is a decent app I guess, and last time I looked it was the only show in town doing what it does. It can be a pain in the arse if you want to build a list with lots of songs. I imagine even more so for building lots of lists. Every single song needs to be added individually, and uses the same processes that I used to change my ring tones. After each song it starts at the beginning, so that when you go to pick your song you always start at the beginning of the list. Which really sucks if your song starts with the letter Y. It does the trick though. Just not that easily or quickly. I guess if you want quick and easy, go to the desktop.

I have two other minor complaints. Both have to do with the controls. When it is running in full-card the controls can be hard to hit. The progress bar gets in the way, making it hard for me to skip or pause. It would be nice also if it had a background icon for accessing the controls while it is in the background like the default music player does. I rarely use this app any more, especially since I started streaming. But it is nice to be able to create a playlist on the fly, when the mood hits you, out of your stored library.


No comments:

Post a Comment